In October 2012, our - then 5 yr old - son Vand'n was given the H1N1 vaccine. 6 weeks later, he developed Narcolepsy because of the vaccine. This is his journey and a collection of information we have found helpful. We are hoping to educate other parents about this side effect and hope to connect with other families dealing with the same thing in order to share resources and support. Click here to begin and learn where this all started.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013


Just finished... This book was truly eye opening to me as I have experienced narcolepsy second hand to my 5 year old who can only explain things to me as he feels and understands. Author Julie Flygare made it possible for me to have an inside look of what my little guy is feeling in his head and I can't thank her enough for this. Really it's a great read for everyone.
Julie Flygare is a narcolepsy advocate.  She has made many helpful and insightful videos to the world of people with narcolepsy.  She also has a blog and a Facebook page with lots of information and new updates.  For more on Julie's experience living with and advocating for narcolepsy visit http://julieflygare.com/

2 comments:

  1. Deidre - what a powerful blog site. Your use of photos of your son's experience is wonderful for awareness. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with others!

    I'm so honored you read my book and I'm glad that it helped give some insight into your son's expeirence. Thank you so much for supporting his experience with narcolepsy!

    With gratitude and smiles,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie-I am so grateful to you for sharing this on your facebook page, since last night I have already heard from two moms dealing with the same thing. I hope it will help give insight to others.
    Thank you again,
    Deidre

    ReplyDelete